Van Serai at Jageshwar
Van Serai – Where Time Stands still
Van Serai is in Jageshwar, a hotel with lovely local character, comforts and spirituality. Shiva Temples and Deodar Forest are the highlights of this place. The deodar trees rise high above the rocky hills. Birds play hide and seek among the tall trees. The Brown Dipper and the whitecapped redstart are often spotted. A flowing creek gurgles gently, meandering down below Van Serai hotel. A short but steep walkway takes you to serene refuge.
A breadth of calm, Van Serai is the ideal place to find your peace. With a beautifully designed Yoga and meditation room you can relax in the still surroundings and commune with the inner you. Yoga in the Himalayas at Van Serai is a dreamlike experience.
The Jageshwar temple is but a kilometer. Temples in Jageshwar are forever animated with the sounds of prayers and pious rendition. Hindu temples in the Himalayas have their own distinct spiritual rhythm. The temples of this mountain haven are no exception. Known for its devout atmosphere Jageshwar is blessed by Lord Shiva himself. Visit the Vridh Jageshwar temple and Jhankar Saim for an out of the world experience. The Dandeshwar temple is but a 10 minutes’ walk from Van Serai.
Van Serai hotel delivers on each promise. Comfortable rooms, all amenities and style that harmonizes with the music of the terrain. The quiescent resort stands only disturbed by the chirps of the mountain birds, the rustle of the tall trees and the dance of gentle sunlight.
Why Van Serai at Jageshwar
- A perfect base to explore the ‘2500-year old’ Himalayan Shiva temple
- Few minutes from the Himalayan temple complex
- Surrounded by beautiful deodar jungle
- An Eco-Lodge with 4 double rooms
- 24 Hours Front Desk facility.
- Yoga, Meditation & Wellness programs in serene ambience
- Nature walks, Bird Watching, Treks, Temple Visits, Architecture Appreciation
- Explore traditional Kumaoni village life & the Himalayan hospitality
- Satvik homemade traditional Indian food from our Kitchen
- A great weekend Himalayan Holiday
- Experience the Indian Himalayas with Asian Adventures!
- The hotels in Jageshwar are limited in number, we offer the finest accommodation amongst all the hotels in Jageshwar. The other options of accommodations exist in Almora which is 40 km away.
- Van Serai offers great stay options to travellers on a pilgrimage tour or on a Himalayan Safari. Pithoragarh is about 110 km away and Abbott Mount is 90 km from here. Abbott Mount falls
in our Kumaon Himalayan tour and is a great stop over for anglers who wish to go to Pancheshwar for Mahseer fishing.